Monday 31 January 2005

Oh No More Functions

The final release of the "Rebound" CD has really dissolved some creative blocks in me. It is a very interesting feeling to just be devoid of misery to a large extent. Like I suspected these CD burning exercises are basically parallel to my internal state of being, the way I feel about life and things in general. The next volume of Creation will be called "Recovery" which is the other meaning of the word rebound - the more positive one.

As I can't help myself and be linear about just about anything I do, of course there are other projects stewing on the backburner while the seeker's soundrack gets researched. It's nice to bring some of the music to work in the local restaurant. It's interesting to observe people's emotions and behaviour while you play some of these tunes. Most of the music is extatic in nature and some people seem to enjoy it. Of course, you have to suss out the crowd on the night, their age and what sort of atmophere prevails on the night.

For example, the thumpier sort is better for the nights when there are functions on. Then people are more relaxed, the floor is loud and everyone wants to have a good time - including the staff. Then the "Functions" series fits in really well.

On the other hand, if the floor is quiet and people want to just relax and chew their food, something slower is more appropriate. I have tons of tunes that are good for quick and fun times but the slower ones, more appropriate for dinners are a whole different cup of tea. Working on it right now - have quite a few choices to play with, just gotta get my crap together.

"Oh No More Functions" is the second volume in the "Functions" series. I was getting bored of playing the same tunes over and over. Since the research never stops I had already collected some real nice music and it begged to be released into the wild. Funny how it all happened right after the "Rebound" was born.

I wouldn't mind to produce those cool CDs with the tracks fully mixed in - no gaps between the songs. It would be awesome. If I don't keep shooting myself in the foot all the time, it just might happen. More networking is necessary still. DJ's are a very peculiar and fickle bunch...

No comments: